This Policy covers all STOREAWAY LIMITED’s (hereinafter collectively referred to as “we”, “our”, “us”) lines of business.
At STOREAWAY, we recognise the importance the environment is to our people, customers and business. This Environmental Policy forms a vital aspect of how we do business and guides our operations to contribute to the principles of sustainable economic growth. We have a responsibility to manage our environmental impacts carefully, including meeting all legal and regulatory requirements. We are continually committed to reducing our business operations negative impact on the environment. The core values we hold central to how we conduct business are:
- Create a low-carbon, resource-efficient self-storage facilities
- Enhance the local communities we serve
- Achieve high-quality health and safety standards for our guests and employees
The following Policy builds upon the Ten Principals of UN Global Compact and the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). The three Sustainable Development Goals STOREAWAY aligns to are, Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities, Goal 12: Responsible Consumption & Production and Goal 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
STOREAWAY’s Environmental Policy endeavours to comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements. Where necessary, we seek third-party support from auditors and environmental specialists.
Our Environmental Policy is communicated throughout our organisation and embedded into our employee contracts. We take the necessary action to raise our employee awareness of this Policy and provide training to meet its requirements. We also seek to work with clients and suppliers to stimulate action on climate change and the environment.
Aims and Objectives:
We will continuously improve to prevent pollution and actively encourage good environmental behaviour at a corporate and individual level by committing to the following:
- To promote effective environmental management policies and practises across our stores;
- At the very least, comply with relevant legislation’s requirements.
- To decrease pollution and, where possible, avoid it.
- To set goals for bettering the environment’s performance of STOREAWAY.
- To guarantee a thorough awareness of the present state of STOREAWAY impacts on the environment.
- Source 100% renewable energy for all STOREAWAY’s buildings and offices
- Create and implement an energy-efficiency-based carbon reduction strategy.
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions whenever feasible.
- Ensure that low-carbon technology is used in buildings and equipment. All STOREAWAY offices and buildings, for example, are outfitted with LED lighting and motion sensors.
- To promote the circular economy in the procurement of goods and services, STOREAWAY sources 2nd hand, up-cycled furniture for all stores and offices.
- Collaborate with suppliers to encourage resource management techniques that are sustainable. STOREAWAY’s steel provider adheres to the strictest environmental standards – ISO 14001.
Waste Reduction and Recycling
- Implementing sustainable resource management strategies based on the concepts of reduce, reuse, and recycle. STOREAWAY, for example, provides recycled and recyclable paper and plastic items to customers and workers in all of its stores and offices.
- Promote recycling through well-positioned bins, and conduct knowledge and awareness campaigns.
- Reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessary trips only and promoting alternatives such as video/phone conferencing.
- Encourage the use of public transport and cycling to work by offering the Cycle to Work Scheme, Train Season Tickets and Oyster Cards for staff
- Provide EV charging terminals for visitors and employees.
- To make efficient and environmentally responsible use of water by fitting water saving technologies throughout STOREAWAY’s stores and offices.
Strategic Responsibility for Governance
The Board of Directors ensures STOREAWAY’s Environmental Policy is implemented. Every quarter, all staff members are reminded of our commitments to the environment. Staff members are actively encouraged to contribute to the development of our environmental initiatives.
Policy Review Date
This Policy was adopted on 1st Jan 2022 and will be reviewed on an annual basis.